Monday, August 8, 2011

Watir and JD Edwards

I started off looking around at testing solutions several weeks ago and stumbled upon a wikipedia article about testing platforms, and the only one listed was a little trinket named "Watir" which stands for "Web Application Testing In Ruby", pronounced "water".

I decided to check it out, and quickly found that it was quite easy to install, implement, and use for a number of different tasks on our system. It is fairly well documented for the most straight-forward of cases, but gets a little hairy when your web applications get much more complicated than straight HTML. There were several problems that I found when using Watir, which I wanted to discuss for the benefit of those that will come after as it took me some digging to solve these issues. I will be blogging about these discoveries from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment