Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Soft-Bricked my photon

So I broke my phone the other night.  I enjoy tinkering with stuff, always have.  But sometimes I end up breaking the stuff I am tinkering with.  I didn't panic because I have done this often enough to know there is a way to fix it, typically.  What happened was my phone was at about 5% power (I think) when I went to update Jokerax's Cyanogenmod ICS Beta from 0.2.0 to 0.3.0.  (Love his work btw).  Well, it crashed in the middle of that and so it wouldn't turn on beyond the red Motorola M screen.  



After a lot of failed attempts to turn the thing on, or even charge it (it won't charge if it has been soft-bricked like this either), I went online in search of a solution; and lo and behold I found one!


The long and the short of it is to cut open a usb cable and splice in the bare cables into your battery to charge it for a few minutes (only enough to recover your phone as any longer could be dangerous, overcharging).  I will not give you details here as I don't want the responsibility but you can find instructions online.  Just don't burn down your house in the process of charging your phone battery like this, much better to just make sure your phone is fully charged before doing anything with it in CMW!  I've learned my lesson.  

No comments:

Post a Comment